Veal “Homemade” Meatball
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 kg (2 lb) ground Quebec Veal
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- Butter in sufficient quantity
- 1 egg, beaten
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) breadcrumbs
- 12 g (2 tsp) coarse salt
- 4 g (2 tsp) ground pepper
- 2 l (8 cups) of prepared concentrated veal stock or chicken broth
- 250 ml (1 cup) flour, browned
- 2 g (1 tsp) ground Jamaican peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, sweat out the onion and garlic in butter, let cool and set aside.
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix ground veal, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, onion and garlic.
- With the meat, make meatballs of approximately 15 g (1 tbsp) (yields approximately 50 to 60 small meatballs).
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place meatballs on a thin slightly oiled cookie sheet or baking parchment and cook in oven until golden.
- In a pot, bring veal stock to a boil and incorporate roasted flour while stirring vigorously with a whisk. Add Jamaican peppers and season with salt and pepper.
- Add meatballs to veal stock and bring to a boil. Cover and cook in oven at 180°C (350°F) for 30 minutes.
- Serve with potatoes and steamed vegetables.