Veal Keftas with Curry Sauce
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
For the keftas
- 500 g (1 lb) ground Quebec Veal
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) breadcrumbs
- 1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped fresh parsley
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped fresh chives
- 45 ml + 15 ml (3 tbsp + 1 tbsp) canola oil
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) cumin
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) paprika
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) cinnamon
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) pepper
- 3 disposable sushi chopsticks, broken in half
For the curry sauce
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) plain 2% MF Greek yogurt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) honey
- 5 ml (1 tsp) lemon juice
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- 5 ml (1 tsp) curry powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients for the keftas.
- Divide mixture into 6 portions. Shape them into a small sausage around each baguette.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat and sear keftas for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes to complete cooking, turning keftas halfway through cooking, until inside has lost its pinkish tint.
- Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for curry sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Serve keftas with curry sauce.
Recipe from the Bureau d'Entraide en Nutrition (BEN) of Laval University.