Mexican veal bowl
Yield: 2 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 250 g (1/2 lb) ground Quebec Veal
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) chicken broth or water
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) taco seasoning
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) ketchup or chili sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) canola oil
For the bowl
- 500 ml (2 cups) romaine lettuce, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml (1 cup) corn
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sour cream or Greek yogurt
- In 2 bowls, form a bed of romaine lettuce and add tomatoes, corn and avocado slices. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat canola oil, add ground veal and cook until golden brown.
- Add chicken broth, ketchup and taco spices. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Divide the ground veal mixture between the 2 bowls and the sour cream.
Recipe from the Bureau d'Entraide en Nutrition (BEN) of Laval University.