Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 225 g (1/2 lb) ground Quebec Veal
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) tomato paste
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) paprika
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cayenne pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250 ml (1 cup) grated Quebec mozzarella cheese
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) chopped fresh parsley
- 8 eggs
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Heat half the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook ground veal for 3 to 4 minutes, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon. Set meat aside in a large bowl. Remove excess fat from pan.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Sauté tomato, onion and pepper for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, paprika, cayenne pepper and water. Season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into the bowl containing the meat. Add cheese, parsley and eggs. Stir until smooth.
- Oil a 20 cm (8 inch) baking dish, place veal mixture on top and level surface.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until set.
- Serve with a green salad.