Orange and Honey Veal Filet Carpaccio
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: -
- 1 lb (450 g) fresh Quebec Veal filet
- 2 oranges
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) honey
- Remove the white membrane from the veal filet.
- Wrap the filet in plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours until it’s half-frozen.
- Remove the plastic wrap and cut the filet into very thin slices. Place the slices on a serving plate as you go.
- Remove the zest of the oranges and set them aside in a bowl.
- Supreme the oranges by first cutting off the peel to flesh, then slicing each side of the membranes.
- Squeeze the membranes over the bowl containing the zest to collect the juice.
- Add honey to the bowl and stir.
- Place the orange segments on the slices of veal. Cover the carpaccio with the honey preparation.