French-Style Veal Brochettes
Yield: 8 skewers
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 Quebec Veal butt tenderloin, cubed
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- 2 French shallots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) chopped fresh chives
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh tarragon, chopped
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 24 small baby potatoes
- 16 Brussels sprouts
- 16 bacon half-slices
- 8 skewers
- In a bowl, combine the mustard with the lemon juice, olive oil and white wine, then whisk to combine.
- Add the shallots, garlic and herbs, then season with salt and pepper. Taste, then adjust seasoning.
- Mix the veal cubes with the marinade, then leave to stand in a cool place for at least two hours.
- Remove the veal cubes from the oven at least 30 minutes before cooking, to allow them to cool.
- While the veal cubes are marinating, blanch the potatoes and Brussels sprouts in boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Rinse in cold water to stop cooking, then drain.
- Mix the potatoes in the marinade with the meat.
- When everything is ready, it's time to prepare the brochettes.
- Start with a potato, a cube of veal, then a Brussels sprout wrapped in half a slice of bacon. Then another cube of veal, a Brussels sprout in a slice of bacon, another cube of veal, then finish with a potato.
- Repeat for each skewer.
- Preheat BBQ to 200°C (400°F).
- Place skewers over direct heat, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook skewers for 8 minutes on each side, brushing with remaining marinade halfway through cooking.
- When the brochettes are cooked, remove and let stand for a few minutes before serving, to allow the meat juices to distribute evenly.
Recipe from Folks and Forks.