Veal Brochettes with Peanuts
Yield: 8 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 kg (about 2 1/4 lb) Quebec Veal tenderloin, striploin or rib eye, cut into large equal cubes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) peanut oil
- 125 g (approx. 1/4 lb) peanut butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a glass dish, combine the garlic, thyme, oil and peanut butter. Season with salt and pepper. Add veal cubes and toss to coat well with marinade. Cover and marinate for approx. 2 hours in a cool place.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven or barbecue to 220°C (425°F).
- Cut peppers and onion into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes.
- Thread veal cubes, peppers and onion alternately onto eight skewers.
- Place skewers on a parchment-lined baking sheet or on a hot, oiled barbecue grill. Cook in the oven or on the barbecue for 5 minutes, turning the brochettes from time to time.
- Serve with rice.