Veal Burger with Cheese Curds and French Shallots
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 350 g (3/4 lb) ground Quebec Veal
- 100 g (1/4 lb) cheese curds, shredded
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 French shallot, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 egg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 or 8 slices cooked bacon
- 120 g (1/2 cup) mixed lettuce
- 60 g (1/4 cup) sundried tomatoes
- 5 ml (1 tsp) olive oil
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) mayonnaise
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) pesto
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) onion confit
- Butter (for the bread)
- Preheat the barbecue to 200°C (400°F).
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and make 4 patties. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the patties over direct heat, then lower the heat to medium-low. Grill about 5 minutes on each side or until meat is cooked through.
- Spread butter on the buns. Set aside.
- While the patties are cooking, mix the mayonnaise with the pesto, and set aside in the fridge until ready for use.
- When the patties are barbecued, toast the bread to your liking. Set aside.
- Once the patties are ready, put the lettuce in a bowl and mix with olive oil and sundried tomatoes. Set aside.
- When everything is ready, spread the pesto mayo on the buns and add patties followed with a teaspoon of. onion confit on each. Top with bacon slices and garnish with the sundried tomato salad mix.
Recipe from Folks and Forks.