Veal Satay with Sesame Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 500 g (1 lb) Quebec Veal brochette strips from the leg
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) white sesame seeds
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) black sesame seeds
- 10 ml (2 tsp) curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) soya sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) granulated sugar
- 10 ml (2 tsp) sesame oil
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) lemon juice
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) tahini (sesame butter)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) soya sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) boiling water
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) Sriracha asiatic pepper sauce
- Mix all the marinade ingredients well and set aside.
- Lightly pound the veal strips to flatten.
- Thread the strips in an S form on wood skewers.
- Place the brochettes in a shallow dish, pour the marinade over the brochettes, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Prepare the sesame sauce, mixing all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Remove the milk-fed veal brochettes from the marinade and sprinkle the sesame seeds over the brochettes.
- Grill the brochettes on the barbecue until the outside is crisp and the inside is just pink, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with the sesame sauce, accompanied by steamed rice and vegetables.