- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Season the veal medallions. Heat oil and butter in a skillet on high, sear on both sides. Place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes until pink. Cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Degrease the skillet, add the pancetta, shallots and olives. Roast a few minutes on medium. Deglaze with vinegar, add dates, rosemary and veal stock. Season and let reduce by half. Add the Brussels sprouts just before serving.
- Cover the medallions with the topping.
Veal Medallions, Dates, Rosemary, Pancetta
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 4 Quebec Veal medallions
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) diced pancetta
- 2 sliced French shallots
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) of pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) sherry vinegar
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 1 sprig of rosemary, leafless and chopped
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) veal stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) blanched and cooled Brussel sprouts
- Salt and ground pepper