Asian-Style Veal Chops
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 Quebec Veal frenched rib chops
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) hoisin sauce
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped fresh ginger
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) sesame oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) black sesame seeds
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) white sesame seeds, toasted
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) soy sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) honey
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lime juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh coriander
- 10 ml (2 tsp) oelek sambal
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Brush veal chops with half a cup of sauce.
- Marinate the chops for 4 to 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, preheat the barbecue (BBQ) to medium-high.
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Cook chops for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove meat, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
Side dishes: serve with jasmine rice and grilled vegetables on the BBQ.