Veal Loin Chops (T-Bone Steak) with Mushroom, White Wine and Tomato Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 4 Quebec Veal loin chops (T-bone steak)
- 2 French shallots
- 1 can (227 g) mushrooms
- 3 tomatoes
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) chicken broth
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 20 g (3/4 oz) fresh tarragon
- Olive oil
- Finely chop French shallots, mushroom can, tomatoes and herbs.
- In a frying pan on the barbecue (BBQ) with a little olive oil, cook the French shallots with the herbs. Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half. Add the chicken broth, bring to a boil and let reduce and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from heat, add Greek yogurt and mix well.
- Brush veal loin chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat barbecue (BBQ) to high heat.
- Grill the first side of the veal until the meat juices rise to the surface.
- Turn the meat over and cook until the meat juices rise to the surface again.
- Remove meat from heat, cover lightly with aluminum foil and let sit warm for a few minutes before serving.
- Add the sauce to the chops and voilà!
- Serve with salad or vegetables of your choice.
Recipe from Guide_de_survie_pour_mono (Martin Goyette).