Grilled Veal T-Bone Steaks with Flavoured Butter
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
- 4 Quebec Veal T-Bone steaks about 250 g (1/2 lb) each
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) brown sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) paprika
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) cracked pink pepper
- 10 ml (2 tsp) cracked coriander seeds
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dried oregano
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) softened salted butter
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) parsley chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) cracked pink pepper
- 5 ml (1 tsp) clove of garlic, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) smoked sweet paprika
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) chopped oregano
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) cracked coriander seeds
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Pat the veal steaks with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Mix all the flavoured butter ingredients in a bowl. Place the mix on a plastic film. Roll the film in order to obtain a 4 cm (1 1/2 in.) tube in diameter. Tie both ends of the film. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat barbecue on medium high.
- Grill the veal steaks on both sides quickly and finish cooking on the top grill or at low temperature For light pink meat, remove the steaks from the barbecue (BBQ) when the juices reappear on both sides, the steaks have reduced slight and the internal temperature has reached 64°C (147°F).
- Place the steaks on a plate and cover loosely with aluminium foil. Let sit for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the butter tube from the refrigerator. Cut four slices of butter. Place one slice on each of the steaks. The butter will keep for one week in the refrigerator and 3 months in the freezer.
- Serve with potato wedges and salad.
Photo credit: Pratico-Pratiques