Veal Loin Chops, Parsnip Purée and Brussels Sprouts
Yield: 1 serving
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 Quebec Veal loin chop
- Steak seasoning to taste
- Salt to taste
- 6 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) 15% cooking cream
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
- 500 ml (2 cups) Brussels sprouts
- Sprinkle both sides of veal chop with steak seasoning and salt. Allow to rest.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook parsnips for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender. Drain, then rinse parsnips to remove starch.
- Preheat barbecue (BBQ) to medium (approx. 180°C (350°F)). Oil the grill.
- Grill parsnip pieces for a few seconds on each side. Remove from barbecue.
- In a food processor, purée parsnips with cream and butter. Season with salt. Set aside.
- Place Brussels sprouts on BBQ grill. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, turning the sprouts halfway through cooking.
- Set barbecue to high (approx. 245°C (475°F)).
- Cook the veal chop for about 1 minute and a half on each side.
- Serve chop on parsnip purée with grilled Brussels sprouts.
Recipe from Maître Fumeur (Micael Béliveau).