Piri Piri Veal Loin Chops
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
- 4 Quebec Veal loin chops
Piri Piri sauce
- 250 ml (1 cup) canola oil
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) lime juice
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) piri piri sauce
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) paprika
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground coriander
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 10 ml (2 tsp) fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) pepper
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Except for parsley, place all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Brush veal loin chops with three-quarters of the sauce.
- Marinate chops in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat the barbecue (BBQ) to medium-high.
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Cook chops for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove meat, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Side dishes: serve with skewers of baby potatoes, onion and coloured peppers brushed with remaining sauce.