Grilled Veal Skirt Steaks
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 4 Quebec Veal skirt steaks (bavettes), 115 g (4 oz) each
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) veal stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) red house wine
- Salted herbs to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic pressed
- 1 laurel leaf
- In a shallow dish, mix all the marinade ingredients. Place the veal skirt steaks in the marinade and marinate for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Sear the first side of the veal skirt steaks until the juices rise to the surface.
- Turn the skirt steaks over and cook until the juices rises once again to the surface. Ideal cooking is completed when the inner temperature of the meat reaches 64°C (147°F) or when the meat begins to shrink in volume.
- Remove the skirt steaks from heat, cover lightly with aluminium foil, let sit a few minutes and keep warm.
- Slice the skirt steaks against the grain. Place the slices on plates, top with veal stock previously heated and serve with roasted vegetables.