Skirt Steak Veal with Chimichurri Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
- 4 Quebec Veal skirt steaks (bavettes), 150 g (1/3 lb) each
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) chopped parsley
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped oregano
- 20 ml (4 tsp) chopped garlic
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, place the parsley, oregano, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil and, if desired, hot pepper flakes. Add salt and pepper. Blend well for 1 minute.
- Take approximately one third of the chimichurri sauce and baste the veal skirt steaks. Place the skirt steaks in a sealed container and marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours in the refrigerator. Set aside the remaining sauce in the refrigerator.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Sear the first side of the veal skirt steaks until the juices rise to the surface.
- Turn the skirt steaks over and cook until the juices rises once again to the surface. Ideal cooking is completed when the inner temperature of the meat reaches 64°C (147°F) or when the meat begins to shrink in volume.
- Remove the skirt steaks from heat, cover lightly with aluminium foil, let sit a few minutes and keep warm.
- Serve the grilled skirt steaks with the chimichurri sauce that was set aside.