Veal Cutlets Sub
Yield: 1 submarine (2 servings)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 13 minutes
- 4 Quebec veal cutlets
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dried thyme
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dried basil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dried marjoram
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- 7 white mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable seasoning
- 1 submarine bun
- 2 to 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) spicy mayonnaise
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, mix the thyme with the basil, marjoram and salt. Sprinkle the preparation over the veal cutlets.
- In a bowl, mix the mushrooms with the bell pepper. Sprinkle with vegetable seasonings.
- Place the vegetable preparation in the center of a sheet of aluminum foil. Fold the foil over the preparation to form an airtight papillote.
- On the hot barbecue grill, place the papillote. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- On the hot, oiled grill of the barbecue, place the cutlets. Cook for a few minutes.
- Cut the submarine bun in half lengthwise, without slicing it completely. Open the bun and place it on the hot barbecue grill. Grill for a few minutes.
- Spread cheese slices on the bun. Heat for a few minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish the submarine bun with veal cutlets and grilled vegetables. Top with spicy mayonnaise.
Recipe from Maître Fumeur (Micael Béliveau).