Viennese-Style Veal Cutlets
Yield: 2 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 Quebec Veal cutlets, 115 g (4 oz) each
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) flour
- 1 beaten egg with 15 ml (1 tbsp) milk
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) breadcrumbs
- Butter and oil
- Successively roll the cutlets in the flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil and butter in a frying pan.
- Quickly brown the cutlets on both sides.
- Serve with sauerkraut and potato salad.
Variation: the cutlets could be cooked in the oven on a grill if there are several guests.
Milanese-Style Veal Cutlets
It is the same process, but parmesan cheese is added to the breadcrumb and it is served with a dish of pasta, and a tomato and arugula salad.