Venetian-Style Veal Liver
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 500 g (1 lb) Quebec Veal liver cut in 2-cm strips
- 500 g (1 lb) onions cut in fine rings
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) prepared concentrated veal stock
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped parsley
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: before cooking, soak the veal liver strips in milk for a few minutes and wipe with paper towel.
- In a frying pan, on medium, heat butter and brown onions until tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- In the same frying pan, heat oil and cook veal liver strips until the meat juices rise to the surface. Turn and continue cooking until the meat juices rise once again to the surface. Cooking of the veal liver is completed when the internal temperature of the meat reaches 68 to 70°C (155 to 158°F) for a slightly pink meat. Set aside and keep warm.
- Deglaze frying pan with wine, add veal stock and bring to a boil.
- Place the onions and the liver strips in the preparation for 1 minute.
- Add parsley and lemon juice, mix well and serve with vegetables.