Veal Tenderloin with Raspberry and Basil Marinade
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 450 g (1 lb) of Quebec Veal tenderloin filets
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) raspberries
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) raspberry vinegar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of orange juice
- 10 ml (2 tsp) orange zest
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 bouquet basil, chopped
- 75 ml (5 tbsp) olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Put all marinade ingredients in an electric blender and purée.
- Place veal filets in marinade and marinate in refrigerator for at least
- Grill veal on barbecue (BBQ) over medium-high heat, basting occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until the center reaches a temperature of 150°F (66°C) or becomes slightly pink.
- Remove the milk-fed veal from the barbecue, cover with aluminum foil, and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- If desired, serve with a marinade boiled beforehand and accompanied by rice and a salad of endives and pieces of orange.