Veal Tenderloin Tataki, Anchovy Puree, Lemon, Capers
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 450 g (1 lb) of Quebec Veal tenderloin
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sour cream
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- A little olive oil
- 10 ml (2 tsp) lemon zest
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fried capers
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) small croutons
- Some sprouts
- Fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper
- 6 anchovy fillets rinsed and chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) capers, rinsed and chopped
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 sprig of oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 170 ml (2/3 cup) olive oil
- Prepare the anchovy puree by mixing all the ingredients. Set aside.
- Mix sour cream and Dijon mustard. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet on high. Season the veal tenderloin and quickly sear in oil on all sides. The interior must remain completely raw. Remove from pan, slice thinly and spread on a large plate.
- Garnish with the anchovy puree, sour cream with Dijon mustard, zest, parmesan cheese, fried capers, croutons, sprouts, fleur de sel and ground pepper.
Recipe from Dînette Magazine.