Veal Tartar with Strawberries and Cacao Nibs in Glasses
Yield: 4 glasses
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: none
- 450 g (1 lb) of Quebec Veal filets
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) chopped pistachios
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cacao nibs
- 6 strawberries cut into cubes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) balsamic vinegar caramel
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) chopped shallots
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) chopped fresh parsley
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) grated Parmesan cheese
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped capers
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the veal filet by removing the white membrane. Cut the filet into small cubes.
- In a bowl, mix the sauce ingredients.
- Add the veal cubes, pistachios and cacao nibs. Stir gently.
- Divide the tartar into four glasses. Garnish with strawberries and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.
Note: make sure to buy meat that will not be mechanically tenderized, pricked or marinated, and let your butcher know that you want a cut that you can prepare yourself as a tartar.