Veal T-Bone Steaks with Fresh Herb
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 Quebec Veal T-bone steaks or loin chops, 300 g each (approximately 2/3 lb)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) finely chopped chives
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped basil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chopped tarragon
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Place the veal steaks in a shallow dish, pour the marinade over the steaks and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Sear both sides of the veal steaks.
- Finish cooking on upper rack or lower heat of the barbecue.
- Ideal cooking is completed when the inner temperature of the meat reaches 64°C (147°F) or when the meat begins to shrink in volume and when juices rise to the surface.
- Remove steaks from heat, cover lightly with aluminium foil and let sit for a few minutes according to the size of the piece of meat. The heat will spread and the centre of the meat should reach 66°C (150°F).
- Serve with potato wedges, seasonal vegetables and salad.