Veal T-Bone Steaks Marinated in Spicy Lemon
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 Quebec Veal T-Bone steaks (or loin chops), 250 g (1/2 lb) each
- 1 small onion coarsely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 150 ml (3/4 cup) canola oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) steak spices
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) green peppercorn
- 5 ml (1 tsp) dried Espelette pepper
(or 1/2 tsp chili and 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper)
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Place the veal steaks in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over the steaks.
- Put in the refrigerator and leave to marinate between 30 minutes and 1 hour.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat.
- After marinating the steaks, remove from the marinade and pat dry.
- Grill the veal steaks on the barbecue about 3-4 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 66°C (150°F).
- Serve with scalloped potatoes in foil and fresh season vegetables.