Veal Rolls Stuffed with Cheese and Basil
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
- 8 Quebec Veal thin cutlets (about 75 g or 2.5 oz each)
- 8 slices of Quebec’s cheddar cheese
- 16 basil leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) honey
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat barbecue on medium-high heat.
- Season the veal cutlets with salt and pepper. Garnish the base of each cutlet with a slice of cheese and two basil leaves. Roll the cutlets tightly, then prick them on small skewers.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil, balsamic vinegar and honey.
- Cook the veal rolls on a hot and oiled barbecue grill for 4 to 5 minutes, turning them a few times and basting them with the honey preparation halfway through cooking. Remove the skewers before serving the rolls.