Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 kg (2 lb) ground Quebec Veal
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- Butter in sufficient quantity
- 1 beaten egg
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) breadcrumbs
- 10 ml (2 tsp) coarse salt
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsp) ground pepper
- 2 l (8 cups) veal stock or chicken broth
- 250 ml (1 cup) roasted flour
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground nutmeg
- 1.25 ml (1/4 tsp) cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a frying pan, sweat onions and garlic in butter, allow to cool and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the ground veal, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, onion and garlic.
- Shape the meat into meatballs of approximately 15 g (1 tbsp) (gives approximately 50 to 60 small meatballs).
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Place the meatballs on a lightly oiled cookie sheet or on parchment paper and cook in the oven for 15 minutes or until they are of a nice light brown colour.
- In a saucepan, bring the veal stock to a boil and incorporate roasted flour while stirring vigorously with a whip. Add nutmeg, cinnamon and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the meatballs to the veal stock and bring to a boil. Cover and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve with potatoes and green beans.