Veal Involtini, Olives, Oka and Serrano Ham
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 6 well flattened Quebec Veal cutlets
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) homemade or store-bought olive tapenade
- 6 slices of raclette Oka cheese
- 6 slices of serrano ham
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 480 ml good quality store-bought tomato sauce (I use Favuzzi)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of water
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) fresh basil and oregano, chopped
- Salt and ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350°F).
- For each cutlet, season with salt and pepper, then spread one side with tapenade. Place a slice of Oka cheese, then roll up the cutlets to make bundles, then roll up with the slices of ham.
- In a skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat, sear bundles for 1 minute on each side or until nicely browned.
- Add the tomato sauce and water between the cutlets, then mix. Bring to the boil, then when it sizzles, bake for 10 minutes for medium-rare cooking.
- As soon as the involtini are ready, add the fresh herbs on top, then serve over pasta with olive oil.
Recipe from Folks and Forks.