Veal Filet with Horseradish, Whiskey and Creamy Mushrooms
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 Quebec Veal filet, cut in half
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) horseradish
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) soya sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 sprigs of thyme, stripped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) whiskey
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) maple syrup
- 1.5 l (6 cups) mushrooms, cubed
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
- 3 stalks of green onion, sliced
- Salt and paper, to taste
- In a dish, combine the horseradish, soya sauce, garlic, thyme, red onion, whiskey, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Add the filet veal and marinate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the barbecue to maximum.
- Remove the filet from the marinade and place on the barbecue grill. Sear 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Continue grilling indirectly for a few minutes with the lid on to the desired doneness.
- In a hot pan, brown the mushrooms in a little fat for 5 minutes.
- Add the meat marinade and reduce for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and let thicken slightly. Check the seasoning.
- Serve the mushrooms, veal filet and green onions in two deep plates.
Recipe from Jonathan Garnier.