Veal Cutlets with Creamy Mustard and Honey Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 11 minutes
- 4 Quebec Veal cutlets, 150 g (1/3 lb) each
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 1 sliced leek
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken broth
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 15% cooking cream
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped chives
- In a frying pan, melt the butter on medium. Cook the veal cutlets 1 minute on each side. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- In the same pan, cook the leek for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, Dijon mustard and honey. Add salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer 4 minutes, until the broth has reduced by half.
- Add cream and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, until sauce is consistent.
- Divide the cutlets among the plates. Top with sauce and sprinkle with chives.
Photo credit: Pratico-Pratiques