Veal Cutlets Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Maple-Flavoured Pears
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 16 minutes
- 4 Quebec Veal cutlets of approximately 135 g (1/3 lb) each
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 3 pears peeled and diced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 125 g (approximately 1/4 pound) creamy goat cheese crumbled
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) ground walnuts
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) ground chives
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) ground parsley
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) demi-glace sauce
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) 15 % cooking cream
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) apple cider jelly
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped French shallots
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped sage
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In an oven-proof pan, melt the butter on medium. Brown the pears 2 to 3 minutes while stirring.
- Add maple syrup, salt and pepper. Cook 3 to 5 minutes while stirring. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a bowl, mix the goat cheese with the walnuts, fine herbs and caramelized pears.
- At the base of each cutlet, place a small amount of the cheese preparation. Roll cutlets. Secure with toothpicks.
- In the same pan, heat oil on medium. Cook the cutlet for one minute on each side.
- Continue cooking for 10 to 12 minutes in the oven.
- Meanwhile, mix the demi-glace sauce with the cream, cider jelly, shallots and sage in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with cutlets.