Veal Cutlets Parmigiana
Yield: 1 cutlet
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 115 g (4 oz) breaded Quebec Veal cutlet*
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) of tomato sauce**
- Salt, pepper and parsley
- Blend of mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, heat 15 ml (1 tbsp) of olive oil over high heat. Cook the veal cutlet over high heat for 30 seconds on each side to brown the breading.
- Place the veal in a baking pan and add the tomato sauce.
- Season to taste.
- Cover the cutlet with a blend of mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Brown in oven, on top rack, at maximum heat setting (broil).
* Light breading for cutlet: lightly coat the veal cutlet in flour, then dip it in one egg beaten with a little milk, and finally in the bread-crumb mixture.
** Tomato sauce: sauté finely chopped vegetables of your choice (onions, garlic, celery, carrots and sweet peppers) in the olive oil. Add diced Italian tomatoes, or for a finer texture, use crushed Italian tomatoes.
Let simmer over medium-high heat until desired consistency, about 15 to 20 minutes, and season to taste (salt, pepper, Italian spices and basil).
Suggested side dishes: serve with vegetables and risotto or pasta.