Veal Croquettes with Asian Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
- 4 Quebec Veal cutlets
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) seasoned rice vinegar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) hoisin sauce
- 20 ml (4 tsp) honey
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped ginger (optional)
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) panko breadcrumbs
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) flour
- 2 eggs
- Canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, honey and, if desired, ginger. Set aside.
- Cut veal cutlets into 2 cm (3/4 inch) thick strips. Salt and pepper.
- Prepare three bowls. In the first, place the flour. In the second, beat the eggs. In the third, place the breadcrumbs.
- Flour veal strips and shake to remove excess. Dip the strips into the beaten eggs and coat them with bread crumbs.
- In a large frying pan, heat a little canola oil on medium. Cook the veal strips 1 to 2 minutes per side. Serve with Asian sauce.
Photo credit: Pratico-Pratiques