Veal Brochettes with pineapple salsa
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
- 4 Quebec Veal cutlets
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) maple syrup
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) low sodium soya sauce
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 pineapple, diced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) canola oil
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) coriander leaves (optional)
- If using wood skewers, soak them in water 30 minutes before cooking.
- Cut each cutlet in three strips.
- In a bowl, mix the maple syrup with the soya sauce and canola oil. Add pepper.
- Pour half of the marinade into a high dish and add Veal strips. Stir well to coat the strip with marinade. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Add the red pepper, pineapple and red onion in the bowl containing the remaining marinade. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- At cooking time, preheat barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Drain the strips and discard the marinade.
- Put the strips on the skewers, creating a wave-like strip. Place the strips on the hot and oiled barbecue grill. Close the lid and cook the brochettes for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve the brochettes with pineapple salsa. If desired, garnish with coriander leaves.