Veal and Vegetable Stew
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 34 minutes
- 1 kg (about 2 1/4 lb) Quebec Veal cubes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 can (227 g) mushrooms, cut in half
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) flour
- 1 litre (4 cups) beef broth
- 1 can (540 ml) diced tomatoes
- 10 ml (2 tsp) garlic, chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) fresh thym, chopped
- 3 carrots, cut into pieces
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 1 onion, cut into cubes
- 1 stalk of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Before beginning the recipe, make sure the float valve on the pressure cooker is clear and nothing is blocking the opening. Also, make sure that the steam drain handle is in the “Sealing” position.
- On the pressure cooker, select the “Sauté” mode.
- Heat the olive oil in the pressure cooker. Cook the mushrooms for 5 to 7 minutes. Reserve on a plate.
- In the pressure cooker, brown the veal cubes for 4 to 5 minutes on all sides.
- Sprinkle veal cubes with flour and stir. Add the mushrooms and remaining ingredients, making sure not to fill the pressure cooker more than two-thirds.
- Close the pressure cooker tightly by turning the cover.
- Press the “Pressure cooking” button and cook for 25 minutes at high pressure. Never open the lid while there is pressure.
- Once cooking is complete, let the pressure go down naturally before opening the lid, until the float valve comes down again (it can take 10 to 30 minutes).