Veal and Shrimp Surf’n Turf
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
- 8 Quebec Veal tenderloin medallions of 80 g (approximately 2 3/4 oz) each
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) softened butter
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) chopped parsley
- 10 mL (2 tsp) minced garlic
- 12 medium shrimps (size 31/40), raw and peeled
- In a bowl, mix butter, parsley and garlic. Add pepper. Place the mixture on plastic wrap. Roll the wrap to form a small cylinder. Tie both ends of the wrap. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- If wooden skewers are used, soak them in water 30 minutes before cooking.
- At the time of cooking, preheat the barbecue on medium-high.
- Place the shrimps on the skewers.
- Salt and pepper the veal medallions and shrimps.
- Place the medallions on the hot and oiled barbecue grill. Close the lid and cook the medallions for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until pink in the center. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Cook the shrimp skewers 1 minute on each side.
- Cut the garlic butter into slices.
- Serve medallions and shrimp with garlic butter.