Veal and Scallops Surf'n Turf with Lemon Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
- 4 Quebec Veal tenderloin medallions of 80 g (2 3/4 oz) each and approximately 2.5 cm (1 po) thick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 medium scallops (size 20/30)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) cold butter, diced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) French shallots, chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) garlic, chopped
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) white wine
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 15% whipping cream
- In a saucepan, melt 15 ml of butter for the sauce on medium. Cook the French shallots and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the white wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, and then simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil.
- Gradually, add the remaining cold butter and whisk until melted. Salt and pepper. Keep warm without boiling.
- Salt and pepper the veal medallions and the scallops.
- In a large frying pan, melt 15 ml of butter on medium. Cook the medallions for 2 to 3 minutes on each side for a slightly pink meat. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- In the same frying pan, melt the remaining butter on medium. Cook the scallops for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Divide the medallions on the plates. Garnish with lemon sauce and scallops.