Tikka Masala Veal Stew
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 hours
- 675 g (about 1 1/2 lb) cubes of Quebec Veal
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) minced garlic
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garam masala
- 5 ml (1 tsp) turmeric
- 1 can (540 ml) diced tomatoes
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) plain yogurt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) roasted cashews
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium. Brown the veal cubes for 3 to 4 minutes, until each side is golden brown.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, garam masala and turmeric. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the veal mixture to the slow cooker. Add diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Salt, pepper and stir.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on low, until veal cubes are tender.
- Add yogurt and cashews. Stir.