Provence Herbs Veal Cubes
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 500 g (1 lb) Quebec Veal cubes
- Butter or oil in sufficient quantity
- 500 ml (2 cups) veal stock
- 500 ml (2 cups) demi-glace sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Provence herbs to taste
- 500 g (1 lb) Parisian potatoes
- 500 g (1 lb) carrots of various colours
- 500 g (1 lb) asparagus
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% cream
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) white wine (optional)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) white roux if necessary
- Preheat oven to 175oC (350oF).
- In a frying pan, heat butter or oil and fry the veal cubes a small quantity at a time, without over browning.
- Remove the veal cubes and keep warm.
- Repeat until all the cubes are cooked.
- Deglaze the frying pan with the veal stock and bring to a boil.
- In an enameled cast iron pot, place the reserved cubes, the veal stock and the demi-glace sauce. Season with salt, pepper and Provence herbs to taste.
- Cover, place in the oven and cook for approximately 1 hour 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 90°C (195°F).
- Steam the vegetables so that they remain al dente and set aside.
- Fifteen minutes before the end of cooking the cubes, add cream, white wine (if applicable) and adjust seasoning. Thicken the sauce with white roux by stirring carefully until desired consistency.
- Incorporate the vegetables to reheat them and serve.