Onion and Maple Veal Blade Roast
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 8 hours
- 1 kg (approximately 2 1/4 lb) of Veal blade roast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil in sufficient quantity
- 250 ml (1 cup) beef broth
- 1 packet of 28 g onion soup
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Italian seasoning (optional)
- 10 to 12 baby potatoes
- 2 carrots cut into pieces
- Salt and pepper the veal roast.
- In a large skillet, heat a little olive oil on medium. Brown the blade roast for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- In the slow cooker, mix the beef broth with the contents of the onion soup packet, maple syrup and, if desired, Italian seasoning.
- Add roast, baby potatoes and carrots to the slow cooker. Cover and simmer for 8 hours.