New Orleans-Style Sandwich with Veal
Yield: 1 serving
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Leftover Quebec Veal roast – there’s nothing better to make a New Orleans-style sandwich:
- Economical roast: shoulder and blade
- Moderately economical roast: leg
- Premium roast: strip loin and tenderloin
- 90 g (3 oz) of thin slices of Quebec Veal roast, precooked and cooled
- Submarine sandwich bread
- Cajun seasoning mix
- Roasted mushrooms
- Grilled peppers
- Monterrey Jack cheese
- Onion confit
- Spring lettuce
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Mustard sprouts
- If desired, grill the submarine sandwich bread lightly in the oven under the top element on maximum heat (broil).
- Roll 90 g of thin slices of veal roast, place them on the submarine sandwich bread and sprinkle with a Cajun seasoning mix.
- Arrange the roasted mushrooms, grilled peppers, Monterrey Jack cheese and onion confit on the veal.
- Return to the oven for a few minute under the top element at maximum heat (broil), long enough to reheat the sandwich and melt the cheese lightly.
- Garnish the sandwich with spring lettuce, alfalfa sprouts and mustard sprouts.
- Serve with French fries and mayonnaise.