Lemon and Olive Veal en papillote
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
- 1 Quebec Veal blade roast, 800 g (approximately 1 3/4 lb)
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) white wine
- 16 green olives
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) chopped parsley
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 sprigs thyme, chopped (optional)
- Preheat barbecue on medium heat.
- Pour the white wine into a large aluminium dish. Add olives, parsley, lemon zest and juice. Add salt and pepper and stir.
- Add the Veal roast to the dish and turn several times to coat with the marinade. Add garlic, onion and, if desired, thyme. Cover the dish with aluminium foil and seal the perimeter.
- Turn off one of the barbecue burners. Place the dish on the hot grill over the turned off burner for indirect cooking. Close the lid and cook for 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes, until the meat of the roast breaks off with a fork.
Photo credit: Pratico-Pratiques