Italian-Style Veal Burger
- 500 g (1 lb) ground Quebec Veal
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) breadcrumbs
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) red wine
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) mix of Italian spices
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) crushed chilies
- 1 green onion chopped with stem
- Salt and pepper to taste
Version with cheese
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) parmesan flakes
Strong Italian version
- Add 5 ml (1 tsp) crushed chilies and 15 ml (1 tbsp) paprika
Extra-strong Italian vesion
- Add 10 ml (2 tsp) crushed chilies and 15 ml (1 tbsp) paprika
- In a mixing bowl, place all ingredients except parmesan flakes and mix well.
- If you have chosen the version with cheese, when ingredients are well mixed, add parmesan flakes and mix carefully making sure to leave big chunks of cheese.
- Make veal patties according to the size and shape of the bread to be used.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Sear veal meat on both sides and finish cooking on upper rack or lower heat of the barbecue.
- Continue cooking until meat is brown on the outside and is no longer pink on the inside (internal temperature of 79°C (174°F)).
Suggested topping: roasted peppers, radicchio leaves and strong mustard. Serve with tomato salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
Note: we suggest letting the mix sit in the refrigerator. In doing so, the spices continue to develop their flavours to give the meat a sharper taste. You can let the meat sit in the refrigerator for a maximum of 24 hours.