- In a bowl, blend the ground veal, breadcrumbs, 2 tsp of old-fashioned mustard, French shallots, egg, and, if desired, thyme. Salt and pepper.
- Make 16 meatballs of approximately 45 g (3 tbsp) each.
- In a frying pan, heat oil on medium. Brown the meatballs on all sides for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining mustard, demi-glace sauce and honey in the frying pan.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes while stirring occasionally.
Accompaniment : mashed potatoes with rosemary and parmesan cheese