Fried rice with curried veal shreds
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- 1 Quebec Veal blade roast of 800 g (about 1 3/4 lb)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) yellow curry paste or mild curry paste
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) cooked basmati rice
- 5 scrambled eggs
- 1 red hot pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 4 lime wedges (optional)
- On a plate, mix veal pieces with 45 ml (3 tbsp) curry paste to coat meat.
- In a large saucepan, heat half the oil over medium heat. Sear the veal pieces on all sides for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 1 liter (4 cups) of water to the pan. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 3 to 3 1/2 hours over low heat, making sure to maintain a low boil.
- Remove veal pieces from pan and place on a plate. Reserve 60 ml (1/4 cup) of the pan juices. Using two forks, shred the meat and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Cook green onions and remaining curry paste for 1 minute, stirring regularly.
- Add cooked basmati rice, shredded meat, reserved cooking juices and scrambled eggs. Continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring.
- If desired, serve fried rice with chili and lime wedges.
Recipe from Jérémie Latreille – Le Fit Cook.