Dried Tomatoes and Fine Herbs Veal
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 6 to 8 hours
- 1 kg (approximately 2 1/4 lb) Quebec Veal cubes
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) flour
- 250 g (approximately 1/2 lb) baby carrots
- 3 chopped French shallots
- 227 g (8 oz) Paris mushrooms
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) tomato paste
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken broth
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 laurel leaf
- A few thyme sprigs
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped garlic
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) dried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Slow cooker/crock pot
- Place the veal cubes in a large airtight bag and sprinkle with flour. Shake.
- Add baby carrots, shallots, mushrooms, tomato paste, white wine, chicken broth, fine herbs, garlic and dried tomatoes. Add salt and pepper. Shake again. Remove air from the bag and seal. Place the bag flat in the freezer.
- The night before the meal, let the bag thaw in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, pour the preparation into the slow cooker.
- Cover and simmer for 6 to 8 hours.