Dried Tomatoes and Basil Veal Burger
- 500 g (1 lb) ground Quebec Veal
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped dried tomatoes in oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) dry basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients well.
- Make veal patties according to the size and shape of the bread to be used.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- Sear veal meat on all sides and finish cooking on upper rack or lower heat of the barbecue.
- Continue cooking until meat is brown on the outside and is no longer pink on the inside (internal temperature of 79°C (174°F)).
- Serve in a ciabatta bun.
Suggested topping: top with condiments and ingredients of your choice. Serve with mixed salad.
Version with cheese: at the end of cooking, melt a piece of brie or camembert on the patty with a touch of pesto.
Note: we suggest letting the mix sit in the refrigerator. In doing so, the spices continue to develop their flavours to give the meat a sharper taste. You can let the meat sit in the refrigerator for a maximum of 24 hours.