Cajun Veal Chops, Vegetables and Halloumi Papillotte
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 4 Quebec Veal frenched rib chops (chops) about 180 g (approximately 1/3 lb) each
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) smoked sweet paprika
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) onion powder
- 15 ml 1 tbsp) brown sugar
- 10 ml (2 tsp) dried oregano
- 5 ml (1 tsp) garlic powder
- 1,25 ml (1/4 tsp) Cayenne pepper
- 250 g (approximately 1/2 lb) of halloumi cheese diced (grilling cheese Doré-mi type)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) dried thyme
- 12 asparagus cut into pieces
- 12 potatoes cut in half
- 1 red pepper cut into cubes
- 1 small red onion cut into quarters
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Pat the veal chops with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- At cooking time, preheat barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Mix the ingredients of the vegetables papillotte in a bowl.
- In the center of a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil, spread the vegetables and halloumi cheese. Fold the sheet so as to form an airtight papillotte.
- Put the papillotte on the hot barbecue grill. Close the lid and cook for 10 to 12 minutes on each side.
- Cook the veal chops on the hot and oiled barbecue grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Serve with vegetables and halloumi.
Photo credit: Pratico-Pratiques