- Blacken the skin of the peppers in the oven, on a lightly oiled cookie sheet, under the top element at maximum heat (broil) or on the barbecue. Remove from the oven, cover and cool until lukewarm. Peel the peppers and cut them in strips.
- In an enameled cast iron casserole, at medium-high heat, brown the veal cubes, garlic and onion in oil and then deglaze with veal stock and water.
- Add the other ingredients, except the sweet peppers.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover and let simmer for about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 10 minutes before the end of cooking, add the grilled sweet peppers.
- Before cooking the quinoa, soak it for 10 minutes.
- Sieve the quinoa, rinse well and throw out the soaking water.
- In a casserole, add the quinoa, water, veal stock, salt, pepper and garlic clove, and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook about 15 to 20 minutes or until the liquid is completely evaporated and the grains are tender.