(Select the desired cooking method)
Note: we strongly suggest always browning the meat in advance so that nothing inappropriate develops during the critical low-temperature cooking phase. This will give the meat an attractive colour and more flavour.
Slow cooker/crock pot
- Mix all the ingredients in the slow cooker pot, except the canned kidney beans* which should be added 30 minutes before cooking is completed.**
- Cook at high temperature for 7 to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 110°C (225°F).
- In an ovenproof dish, ideally in enameled cast iron, mix all the ingredients except the canned kidney beans* which should be added 15 minutes before cooking is completed.**
- Cover and cook for about 3 hours.
- Mix all the ingredients in the pressure cooker except the canned kidney beans* which should be added 15 minutes before cooking is completed.**
- Close the pressure cooker and cook for 30 minutes.
- Release the pressure and open the pressure cooker.
- Add the kidney beans and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
* If you use dry beans, soak them in water for 12 hours in the refrigerator. Place them in the pot at the very beginning of cooking and add 500 ml (2 cups) of water since dry beans absorb more liquid (250 ml (1 cup) of dry beans gives 500 ml (2 cups) after soaking).
**Variation: in a skillet, brown the milk-fed veal cubes in a little fat, lightly sautée the vegetables, deglaze the pan with the veal stock and mix with the other ingredients.